You made it! Your hard work has paid off. Now that you’re not a student anymore and are entering the workforce, you’re more on your own than you realize. Here’s some advice from a physician assistant who has been in the workforce for a year.
- Introduce yourself to everyone. Don’t wait to be introduced. And be prepared to be asked, “When are you going to become a doctor?”
- Track everything you do from Day 1. This will come in handy when you want to evaluate your impact to the clinic/service.
- Continue learning. Learning is lifelong and there will always be something you do not know in medicine.
- Celebrate accomplishments. Jot down personal achievements and positive feeback.
- Stay connected with classmates. For more advice, click here.