It’s common knowledge that one of the biggest perks of being a traveling nurse is your ability to make a very good income. Here are some tips to get to $100,000 in a year:
1. Go where it snows: Head north in winter where you can earn very high pay as a travel nurse. Some hospitals will even offer special “winter rates” or bonuses.
2. Small town, big money. The least appealing locations and underserved areas are often not able to recruit travel nurses easily, so they offer enticing pay packages.
3. Work holidays. If you are open to working holidays, you can cash in on some great rates (typically 1.5 to 2 times typical hourly travel pay).
4. Overtime. You can make between 1.5 to 2 times the pay rates for overtime shifts over 36-40 hours/week.
5. Work per diem. In northern California, per diem rates average $70- $100 hourly. For more, click here.