For the vast majority of healthcare employers, résumés are prescreened and selected by robots. Robots have been programmed to forward only the most qualified candidates to a decision maker. The résumé–
reading robot is actually a program known as Applicant Tracking Software (ATS). How to get past it:
1. Target résumé to the specific position.
2. Match individual experiences to keywords/key skills found within the job posting.
3. Research the employer and target the résumé based on the facility values and culture.
4. Make strong assertions within the top ⅓ of the résumé.
5. Only apply to roles that you match 100% of the “Required Qualifications.”
6. Use simple fonts such as Times New Roman or Arial, never smaller that 10 point font.
7. List specific skills.
For more dos and don’ts, click here.