By PACC Staff Writer
Most Physician Assistants will be paid on a salary basis. Usually part-time of per diem PA’s will be paid on an hourly basis.
• Not required to sign a timesheet
• Paid not on hours worked, but on overall salary
• May work more than a 40 hour week and not be documented by the employer
• Salary is divided by the number of pay periods in a year
• Paid based on hours worked
• Must document hours worked
• Working over 40 hours may be eligible for overtime pay
If you are working on an hourly basis and want to calculate what that rate equates to for on an annualized basis, the multiplier is 2080. So if you are paid on an hourly basis of $52.50, your salary for the year is $109,200.