|Job Title:||Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery|
|Provider Category:||Advanced Practice Providers (PA's, APRN's)|
|Provider Type:||Physician Assistant|
|New Grads OK?||No|
Premier Orthopedics has an immediate need for a Physician Assistant.
The Physician Assistant is responsible for promoting and maintaining patient health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. This may include; ordering and interpreting diagnostic studies, analyzing patient data, developing treatment plans, assisting in the operating room, completing hospital rounds, and pre- and post-op management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
2. Assesses patient health by making rounds; interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
3. Administers and orders diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
4. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
5. Assists in surgery and performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
6. Orders medication and refills.
Job Type: Full-time